School Information

Principal(s):
Kathryn Golightly

Assistant Principal(s):
Eric Rhodes

Facility Opened: Building A - 1974, Building B - 1922, Renovated -
Additions/Renovations: 1938, 1953, 1974 Building B

School Capacity: 659
(Does not include portable classrooms)

2017-2018 School Year State-Reported Student Data
(based on September 30 enrollment)

Total Enrollment: 591

Race/Ethnicity (%):
American Indian/Alaskan Native: *
Asian: 3.4%
Black/African American: 31.0%
Hispanic/Latino: 28.8%
Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: *
White: 15.0%
2+ Races: 5.6%

Students Receiving Special Services (%):
Free/Reduced Price Meals: 61.9%
English Language Learners: 20.9%
Special Education: 8.2%
Title I: Y


'*' indicates no students or fewer than 10 students in category, or '*' indicates the percentage for the category is either ≤5 or ≥95 and the corresponding counts have been suppressed by MSDE.

Additional Data Reporting Sources:

2017 Maryland School Performance Data provides a summary of state-reported school performance data. Due to lagged data reporting, the report may include performance data for the prior school year.

The Maryland Report Card provides information on enrollment, demographics, attendance, state assessments, and other supporting data based on school level.

The newly renovated and modernized Lincoln Elementary opened in August 2012. The two-story school with a brick facade is located in the southern portion of the City of Frederick. When the renovated Lincoln opened, it was a history-making moment: Previously, Lincoln students were housed in two different buildings. Now, they are all together.

Lincoln Elementary has a rich history. Prior to integration, African American students attended Lincoln School from elementary to high school. Meanwhile, white students attended nearby Washington Street School. Lincoln School became known as the "B" building and Washington Street School became known as the "A" building.

In 1962, schools were racially integrated in Frederick County. The two schools were combined and called South Frederick Elementary. Since neither school was large enough to house all students, both buildings were used. In 2006, the Lincoln name was restored, reclaiming pride in the heritage of our community.

Lincoln Elementary is located adjacent to the Earth and Space Science Lab, a state-of-the-art facility where FCPS students learn about all four earth sciences

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Flickr LinkedIn Pinterest RSS Feed Find Out First